- Postdoctoral Associate, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Max Planck Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
- Ph.D., Plant Biology, Beijing Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Plant Evolutionary and Ecological Genetics and Genomics: Research in my lab focuses on understanding plant natural variation and genetic basis of environmental adaptation integrating multiple disciplines, such as genetic, genomics, ecology and evolution. We apply our research in real world problems such as crop improvement and plant conservation. I am currently recruiting prospective graduate students (master, ph.D). If you are interested in exploring plant science in my lab, please contact me at bsong5(at)uncc.edu.
Post-doc position available!!!
A postdoctoral position is available to study wild soybean biotic stress. The primary research involves identifying genes that are responsible for wild soybean biotic stress. Specific tasks include stress resistance/tolerance assays, genomic analysis of diverse ecotypes, transcriptome analysis and candidate gene selection. The candidate must be passionate and hard working, able to create an environment that fosters diversity, and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
The position is full-time for two years subject to satisfactory performance in the first year. The position is available immediately and will remain open until August 30, 2014.
To apply, please send a cover letter that describes your background, motivation, and interests as well as a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also arrange to have two letters of recommendation sent directly by the letter writer to the above email address as well.
- Prasad, KVS*, Song B-H*, C Olson-Manning*, JT Anderson, C-R Lee, ME Schranz, AJ Windsor, MJ Clauss, AJ Manzaneda, I Naqvi, M Reichelt, J Gershenzon, SG Rupasinghe, MA Schuler, T Mitchell-Olds, A novel gain-of-function polymorphism controlling complex traits and fitness in nature. Science (* Co-first Author). 2012, 337-1081-1084
- Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, Evolutionary and ecological genomics of non-model plants. Journal of Systematics and Evolution 2011, 49: 17-24
- Gossmann TI, Song B-H, Windsor AJ, Mitchell-Olds T and Eyre-Walker, Genome wide analyses reveal little evidence for adaptive evolution in plants. Molecular Biology and Evolution 2010, 27: 1822-1832
- Song B-H, Windsor A, Ramos-Onsins S, Schmid KJ, Schranz ME, Heidel A, Mitchell-Olds T, Multilocus nucleotide diversity, population structure and linkage disequilibrium of a wild Arabidopsis relative − Boechera stricta. Genetics 2009, 181: 1021–1033
- Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, High genetic diversity and population differentiation in Boechera fecunda, a rare relative of Arabidopsis. Molecular Ecology 2007, 16: 4079-4088
- Schranz ME, Song B-H, Winsor AJ and Mitchell-Olds T, Comparative genomics in the Brassicaceae: the need for a family-wide perspective. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 2007, 10: 168-175
- Song B-H, Clauss M, Pepper A, Mitchell-Olds T, Spatial patterns of microsatellite variation in Boechera stricta, a close relative of Arabidopsis. Molecular Ecology 2006, 15:357–369