Department of Biological Sciences
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223
firstname.lastname@example.org || 704-687-8670
Education and Training
- Postdoctoral Associate, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Max Planck Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
- Ph.D., Beijing Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Plant Evolutionary and Ecological Genomics: Research in my lab focuses on understanding plant natural variation and genetic basis of environmental adaptation integrating multiple disciplines, such as genetic, genomics, ecology and evolution. We apply our research in real world problems such as crop improvement and plant conservation.
I am recruiting prospective graduate students (master, ph.D). If you are interested in exploring plant science in my lab, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Leamy LJ, Lee C-R, Cousins V#, Mujacic I#, Manzaneda AJ, Prasad K, Mitchell-Olds T and Song B-H*, Large-scale adaptive divergence in Boechera fecunda, an endangered wild relatie of Arabidopsis. Ecology and Evolution 2014, doi: 10.1002/ece3.1148 (# undergraduate student).
- Prasad, KVS& , Song B-H& , C Olson-Manning&, JT Anderson, C-R Lee, ME Schranz, AJ Windsor, MJ Clauss, AJ Manzaneda, I Naqvi, M Reichelt, J Gershenzon, SG Rupasinghe, MA Schuler, T Mitchell-Olds, A novel gain-of-function polymorphism controlling complex traits and fitness in nature. Science (& Co-first Author). 2012, 337-1081-1084
- Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, Evolutionary and ecological genomics of non-model plants. Journal of Systematics and Evolution 2011, 49: 17-24
- Gossmann TI, Song B-H, Windsor AJ, Mitchell-Olds T and Eyre-Walker, Genome wide analyses reveal little evidence for adaptive evolution in plants. Molecular Biology and Evolution 2010, 27: 1822-1832
- Song B-H, Windsor A, Ramos-Onsins S, Schmid KJ, Schranz ME, Heidel A, Mitchell-Olds T, Multilocus nucleotide diversity, population structure and linkage disequilibrium of a wild Arabidopsis relative − Boechera stricta. Genetics 2009, 181: 1021–1033
- Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, High genetic diversity and population differentiation in Boechera fecunda, a rare relative of Arabidopsis. Molecular Ecology 2007, 16: 4079-4088
- Schranz ME, Song B-H, Winsor AJ and Mitchell-Olds T, Comparative genomics in the Brassicaceae: the need for family- a family-wide perspective. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 2007, 10: 168-175
- Schranz ME, Winsor AJ, Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, Comparative genetic mapping in Boechera stricta (Brassicaceae). Plant Physiology 2007, 14: 286-298
- Song B-H, Clauss M, Pepper A, Mitchell-Olds T, Spatial patterns of microsatellite variation in Boechera stricta, a close relative of Arabidopsis. Molecular Ecology 2006, 15:357–369
- Song B-H, Wang X-Q, Wang X-R, Ding K-Y, Hong D-Y, Cytoplasmic composition of Pinus densata and population establishment of the diploid hybrid pine. Molecular Ecology 2003, 12: 2995-3001
- Song B-H, Wang X-Q, Wang X-R, Sun L-J, Hong D-Y, Peng P-H, Maternal Lineage of Pinus densata, a diploid hybrid. Molecular Ecology 2002, 11: 1057-1063