Associate Director and Senior Lecturer of First-Year Writing
University Writing Program / College of Liberal Arts & Sciences / UNC Charlotte
- Rhetoric and New Media
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Digital Communication
- Online Writing Instruction
- PhD Candidate | Texas Tech University
- M.A. in English | University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2010
Forthcoming Book Chapter: co-authored with Jan Rieman. “Developing a Writing About Writing Curriculum.” 2016 Next Steps: New Directions for/in Writing About Writing. Ed. Barbara Bird, Doug Downs, I. Moriah McCracken, Jan Rieman. Utah State UP.
“The Age of Impetus or My Life as a Blogger.” 2017 Re:composing. Ed. Julie Cook, Ashlyn Walden. Fountainhead Press.
Guest Blog: “Writer’s Portfolios: Instructor Goals v. Program Assessment.” 2015 The Writing Campus. Sponsored by George Mason University, UNC Charlotte.
Professional Blog. Reflections on Teaching First-Year Writing. Since 2012. CatMahaffey.Wordpress.com.
Thesis: Seventeenth-Century Reflections: The Mirror-Trope and Gendered Negotiations of Identity, Control, and Culture
“The Keepers.” Children’s Short Story Contest Runner-up. Sponsored by Charlotte Writer’s Association, 2010.
- UWRT 1101 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I
- UWRT 1102 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts II
- UWRT 1103 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I and II
- UWRT 1103 Honors Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I and II
- UWRT 1104 Writing and Inquiry with Studio (blended course)