- Ph.D., Italian, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2017)
- M.A., Italian and Latin: Abilitazione in lingua e letteratura italiana e latina, University of Padova-Provveditorato agli Studi di Vicenza (2000)
- M.A., Italian and Western Art History: Laurea in Lettere. Summa cum Laude, Università degli Studi di Venezia-Ca’, Venice, Italy (1993)
- Recipient of two Grants of NIAF – National Italian American Foundation (2007 and 2008)
- 1994 Recipient of the National Prize for Best Dissertation Thesis on History of Goldsmith promoted by the Associazione Nazionale Industriali.
Italian cinema, culture and literature, European history and western art history, manuscripts of medieval and renaissance periods, methodology of teaching language.
Pilot Project in partnership with Emory University of Atlanta, Georgia in teaching Italian language and culture through virtual immersion.