- MLIS. University of South Carolina, Columbia, Library and Information Science, in progress
- M. A. University of North Carolina at Charlotte, English, 2010
- B. A. University of North Carolina at Charlotte, English, 2008
- UWRT 1101 – Writing in Academic Contexts 1
- UWRT 1102 – Writing In Academic Contexts 2
- UWRT 1103 – Accelerated College Writing and Rhetoric
- UWRT 1103 – Hybrid
- Lecturer, UNC Charlotte University Writing Program, since 2011
- Associate Director, UNC Charlotte Writing Resources Center, 2012-2015
Current Professional Activities:
- Research Assistant, UNC Charlotte Atkins Library, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant, “The Charlotte Initiative: principles for Permanent Acquisition of e-Books for Libraries. 2015-2017. Research Assistant for the User Experience and Preservation & Platform Management research teams.
Areas of Interest:
- User Experience & Usability
- Knowledge Management & Copyright
- Information Ethics
- Writing Center Theory and Practice
- Narratives of the Circus & Circus Arts
- Gothic Literature
- Creative Writing
“How Do We Study Satisfaction With Academic eBook Collections?” with Alison Bradley. Neopolitan (mini-plenary) presentation at the Charleston Library Conference. “Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition.” Charleston, SC. November 7, 2015. (Published conference proceedings in progress)
“Preserving Prose: Approaches to Balancing Multimodal Elements in Assignments.” With Cat Mahaffey. Conference presentation at the UNC Charlotte University Writing Program Conference. “Bridging Inquiries: Research, Process, and Literacy from High School to Higher Ed.” Charlotte, NC. September 12, 2014.
“Exploring the (Im)Possibility of Transfer Within/Across Programs.” – with Anthony Borrero and Debarati Dutta. Roundtable at “The Elon Critical Transitions Conference: Writing and the Question of Transfer.” June 25, 2013.
“Creating the Conditions for Transfer: An Examination of Writing Cultures at UNC Charlotte.” – with Anthony Borrero. Conference Presentation at NC State Symposium on Teaching Writing. “Building Bridges: Extending the Work of Composition Beyond the Classroom.” Raleigh, NC. February 16, 2013.
Presenter. “Responding to Student Writing.” – with Debarati Dutta. Presentation for TAs in the Kinesiology Department. February 1, 2013.
Presenter. “Assigning and Responding to Student Writing.” – with Debarati Dutta. Presentation for faculty in the Kinesiology Department. January 23, 2013.
Roundtable Facilitator/Moderator. “Conventions of Writing in the US: What Graduate Students Need to Know.” – with Debarati Dutta, sponsored by the Center for Graduate Life (CGL). November 8, 2012.
Presenter. “Expectations of Writing at the Graduate Level: A Presentation for Prospective Graduate Students. Invited Presentation for Katherine Hall Hertel’s class. September 19, 2012.
“Breaking Down the Walls: Reconceptualizing Community, Collaboration, and Support in First-Year Writing Programs.” — with Anthony Borrero, Donna Gunter, & Sarah Minslow. Conference Presentation at NC State Symposium on Teaching Writing. “A ‘Non-Place’ to Visit: Exploring the Employment Practices and Working Conditions that Affect Writing Instructors.” Raleigh, NC. February 11, 2012.