- M.A. in English, summa cum laude, emphasis in Linguistics, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2012.
- Linguistics Institute. University of Colorado at Boulder, 2011.
- B.A. in English, summa cum laude, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2010.
- Lecturer, University Writing Program
- Editor, RE: Composing
- Member of Curriculum Committee, University Writing Program
Research and Areas of Expertise:
- Electronic Portfolios, e-portfolioing
- Graduate Project, “Let’s Begin (E-)Portfolioing: A Process-Based Approach to Using Portfolios in First-Year Writing Courses.” University of North Carolina at Charlotte. June, 2012. (Prezi Presentation)
- Reflection Studies
- Genre Studies
- Digital Literacies & Rhetoric
- Creative Nonfiction
- Review: A Rhetoric of Reflection, Kathleen Black Yancey ed. (2016) for the Journal of Writing Assessment Reading List
- Presentation: “The Knot-work of Digital Portfolios: An Analysis of Genre Chains and Reflection” for the Conference on College Composition and Communication Convention, Portland, Oregon (March 2017)
- Publication: “Hello from the Other Side: A Case for Reflection and Experience in Writer Development” for RE: Composing (August 2017)
- Co-authored with Dr. Boyd Davis, University of North Carolina at Charlotte & Dr. Margaret Maclagan, University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Pragmatics in dementia discourse: Advances in pragmatics and discourse analysis. “‘Aw, so how’s your day going’?: Ways that Persons with Dementia Keep their Conversational Partner Involved.” Cambridge Scholar Publishing. 83-116, 2013.
- “The Autonomy of Language in Children’s Literature: Three Stages of Metalinguistic Scaffolding.” Linguistic Society of America, 36 (2). 55-65. 2012.
- Co-presenter with Dr. Tony Scott, Syracuse University, NY; and Dr. Nancy Welch, University of Vermont, Burlington. “A land Without a People: How Composition’s Naturalistic Metaphors Leave the Body Behind.” The Public Work of Composition, Conference on College Composition and Communication, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 15, 2013.
- Co-presenter with Dr. Boyd Davis, University of North Carolina at Charlotte; and Margaret Maclagan, University of Canterbury, New Zealand. “Ways that Persons with Dementia Keep their Conversational Partner Involved.” Pragmatics Conference of the Americas, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Oct. 21, 2012.
- “Knotlinging: Linguistics from the Network to the Knotwork.” Pragmatics Conference of the Americas, UNC Charlotte, Oct. 20, 2012.
- “Children’s Literature, Autonomy, and Metalinguistic Scaffolding.” Children’s Literature Association, Hollins University, Roanoke, VA. 2011.
- “A Linguistic Approach to Children’s Literature.” Southeastern Conference on Linguistics. Calloway Gardens, GA, 2011.
- “The Phases, Stages, and Spaces of Kabuki and Shakespeare: An Intercultural Contact Zone.” University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2011.
- “A Discourse Analysis Approach to (Re)Considering and Analyzing the ways Writing Tutors Work: Controlling Power and the Power to Control” English Graduate Student Association, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2010.
- UWRT 1101 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I
- UWRT 1102 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts II
- UWRT 1103 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I & II
- UWRT 1104 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I & II with Studio