CURRENT AND ONGOING RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Translating and Translation Studies (TTS: History, Theory, and Method; Literary and Non-Literary)
- Cormac McCarthy in Spanish Translation
- Business Language Studies (BLS) and Spanish for Business and International Trade (Language, Discourse, and Intercultural Communication Studies)
- Language for Specific Purposes (LSP) and Spanish for the Professions and Specific Purposes (SPSP)
- Twentieth-Century Spanish Literature
During the 2013-2014 academic year, Dr. Doyle served as a Distinguished Visiting Professor of Spanish at the United States Air Force Academy (DVP-USAFA). To date, Dr. Doyle has 88 publications (72 single-authored), among them 14 books (12 co-authored, with Doyle as lead author, 1 translation, and 1 guest-edited monographic volume), 4 book chapters, 35 articles and essays, 1 case study, 7 interviews, 1 edited proceedings volume, 11 translations (short-story length), a 15-segment video (scripted and edited over three filming dates in 2001, 2010 and 2013), and 7 substantive reviews; 68 conference presentations; 69 invited keynote addresses, lectures and panels; and 65 workshops, the majority co-sponsored by the federally-funded Centers for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), at professional conferences and institutions of higher learning. He has taught 44 different classes in the fields of Spanish and translation studies. Dr. Doyle has provided 20 years of administrative service: 9 as department chair, 2 as undergraduate coordinator, and 11 as graduate coordinator.