Director, Organizational Science
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Dr. Steven G. Rogelberg holds the title of Chancellor’s Professor at UNC Charlotte for distinguished national, international and interdisciplinary contributions. He has over 100 publications addressing issues such as meetings at work, team effectiveness, leadership, employee engagement, and organizational research methods. His research was profiled on Public Television, Radio (e.g., NPR, CBC, CBS), Newspapers (e.g., Chicago Tribune; LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, London Guardian) and Magazines (e.g., National Geographic, Scientific American Mind). Other awards and honors include being the inaugural winner of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Humanitarian Award, receiving the SIOP Distinguished Service Award, the Psi Chi Professor of the Year Award and the Master Teacher Award. He is the Editor of the Journal of Business and Psychology and the Talent Management Essentials book series. Companies for whom he has provided consulting services include: IBM, Family Dollar, Grace Cocoa, Vulcan Materials, VF Corporation, Lonza, TIAA CREF, Procter & Gamble, Brush Wellman, Marathon Ashland Petroleum, Siemens, Gilbarco, and North Highland.
He founded and currently directs two large outreach initiatives focusing on nonprofit organization health and effectiveness. Over 200 nonprofits have been served. He has been a visiting scholar and guest speaker at universities and professional associations around the world including: Reykjavik University (Iceland), Hong Kong Baptist University (China), Peking University (China), The University of Sheffield (England), The University of Zurich (Switzerland), The University of Tel Aviv (Israel), Technion University (Israel), Concordia University (Canada), the University of Vienna (Austria), the University of Mannheim (Germany), BI Norwegian Business School (Norway), and Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium).
UNC Charlotte | Colvard 4025 | Friday 249
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-1351 | Fax: 704-687-1317
Upcoming and Recent Talks/News
- Employee Engagement and Leading People Effectively. November, 2017, Miami, Florida
- The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings and Consulting/Practice Opportunities. September 2017, Providence, Rhode Island
- The Power of One’s Thoughts: A Look Inside the Executive Mind to Promote Effectiveness, Innovation, and Well-Being. September 2017, Providence, R.I.
- Publishing Success. June 2017, University of British Columbia, Canada
- The Ills and Controversies of Publishing: What Journals Should Do. May 2017, Dublin, Ireland
- The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings, Implications, and Future Directions. April 2017, Temple University
- Engagement and Leading People Effectively: Insights from the Field, Invited Speaker. April 2017, CFHS National Animal Welfare Conference
- Shaping the Future of I-O Through Multidisciplinary Approaches. April 2017, SIOP
- What if All Editors were Bold Like…..John. April 2017, SIOP