M.S., Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2001
B.S., Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1997
B.A., Psychology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1997
- Principles of Biology I (Biology 1110)
- Principles of Biology II (Biology 1115)
- Principles of Biology I laboratory
- C.M. Olson, T.C. Bates, H. Izadi, J.D. Radolf, S.A. Huber, J.E. Boyson, J. Anguita. 2009 Local productions of interferon gamma by invariant natural killer cells modulates acute Lyme carditis. The Journal of Immunology. 182. 3728-34.
- I.J. Juncadella, R. Garg, T.C. Bates, E.R. Olivera and J. Anguita. 2008. The Ixodes scapularis salivary protein, Salp15, prevents the association of HIV-1 gp120 and CD4. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 367:41-6.
- H. Izadi, A.T. Motameni, T.C. Bates, E.R. Olivera, V. Villar-Suarez, I. Joshi, B.A. Osborne, R.J. Davis and J. Anguita. 2007. C-Jun N-terminal kinase is required for TLR 1 gene transcription in macrophages. Infection and Immunity 75: 5027-34.
- C.M. Olson Jr., M.N. Hedrick, H. Izadi, T.C. Bates, E.R. Olivera and J. Anguita. 2007. p38 mitogen-activates protein kinase controls NF-kB transcriptional activation and tumor necrosis factor alpha production through RelA phosphorylation mediated by mitogen-and stress activated protein kinase 1 in response to Borrelia burgdorferi antigens. Infection and Immunity 75:270-7.
- M.N. Hedrick, C.M. Olson Jr., D. Conze, T.C. Bates, M. Rincon and J. Anguita. 2006. Control of Borrelia burgdorferi-specific CD4+T cell effector function by interleukin-12- and T-cell receptor-induced p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activity. Infection and Immunity 74:5713-7.
- T.C. Bates, A.T. Motameni, I.J. Juncadella, C. Petty, M.N. Hedrick and J. Anguita. 2005. Distinct bacterial dissemination and disease outcome in mice subcutaneously infected with Borrelia burgdorferi in the midline of the back and the footpad. FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology 45:279-84.
- S.T. Bunker, T.C. Bates and J.D. Oliver. 2004. Effects of temperature on detection of plasmid or chromosomally encoded gfp– and lux-labeled Pseudomonas fluorescens in soil. Environmental Biosafety Research 3:1-8.
- I.S. Kong, T.C. Bates, A. Huelsmann, H. Hassan, B.E. Smith and J.D. Oliver. 2004. Role of catalase and oxyR in the viable but nonculturable state of Vibrio vulnificus. FEMS Microbial Ecology 50:133-42.
- T.C. Bates and J.D. Oliver. 2004. The viable but nonculturable state of Kanagawa positive and negative strains of Vibrio parahaemolyticus. The Journal of Microbiology 42: 74-9.
- B.L. Adams, T.C. Bates and J.D. Oliver. 2003. Survival of Helicobacter pylori in a natural freshwater environment. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 69:7462-6.
- A. DePaola, J.L. Nordstrom, A. Dalsgaard, A. Forslund, J.D. Oliver, T.C Bates, K.L. Bourdage and P.A. Gulig. 2003. Analysis of Vibrio vulnificus from market oysters and septicemia cases for virulence markers. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 69:4006-11.