|Dr. Yildirim Aktas
Associate Professor Department of Physics
Areas of Specialization
- Associate Professor, Physics Dept., UNC Charlotte (1998-present)
- Assistant Professor, Physics Dept., UNC Charlotte (1991-1998)
- Lecturer, Physics Dept., UNCCharlotte (1989-1991)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Kansas State University (1987-1989)
- Ph.D., Physics, University of Missouri–Columbia (1987)
- B.S. with Honors,Middle East Technical University, Ankara-Turkey (1980)
. “Self-Fields Effects on Gain in a Free-electron Laser with Helical Wiggler and Ion-Channel Guiding” J. E. Willett, Y. Aktas to Journal of Plasma Physics (2006).
“Backaction of a detector on the field it measures”, W. Guo and Y. Aktas, Opt. Commun., 282, 14 (2009).
“Time evolution of an excited atom’s position-momentum uncertainty”, W. Guo, Y. Aktas. Optics Com, Vol. 283, Issue 21, Nov. 1, 2010.
“Reexamination of the Doppler effect through Maxwell’s equations” Guo, Wei; Aktas, Yildirim, JOSA A, Vol. 29 Issue 8, pp.1568-1570 (2012).
Honors, Awards, and Accomplishments
H. E. Hammond Award for excellence in teaching and research, University of Missouri-Columbia, Department of Physics and Astronomy, 1986.
O. M. Stewart Scholarship for research UMC, Department of Physics, 1982-1986.
Chancellor’s Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, UMC, 1985.
Senior Graduate Achievement Award in Physics, UMC, 1984.
NATO Scholarship for Graduate Study, Scientific and Technical Research Councel of Turkey, 1980-1984.
NATO Advance Study Institute Summer Scholarship at France, 1979.
- American Physical Society
- American Association of Physics Teachers.
- Councel on Undergraduate Research.
- Sigma Pi Sigma.
- Sigma Xi.
- Amarican Institute of Physics.
- The Society of Turkish Architects, Engineers and Scientists in America